25 – 29 March and 1 – 4 April 2019
9 AM – 12 PM or 2 PM – 5 PM
Led by a scientist who worked on a former NASA project, Dr. Mohammed Adnan.
Space Robotics Camp will teach students about the hardware and software of robots,
how they sense objects and move in space.
Once students have grasped the features of a robot they will design and build their own robot
on a 3D printer. The camp will conclude with each individual testing their
Mars rover against another’s in a Mars Rover Challenge.
Hands-on space exploration activities including simulating sending rovers to Mars will be the forefront of this 9-day camp.
This camp is conducted in cooperation with Laboxatory and Krypto Labs incubation, a successful global startup incubator based in UAE, Space Camp will introduce students to the fundamentals in robotics, concluding with a Mars rover challenge.
OUR CORE TEAM
Dr. Saleh Al Hashemi
Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering
10+ published research articles
150+ research citations
20+ years of scientific and professional experience
Dr. Mohammed Adnan
Ph.D. in Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering
7+ published research articles, 300+ research citations
10+ years of scientific and professional
experience in edutainment, and rapid prototype
development in robotics, virtual reality solutions,
AI solutions, and education
Dr. Tarek Taha
Technical Lead, Algorythma
20+ published research articles
100+ research citations
15+ years of scientific and professional experience
Mr. Anas Zeineddine
Director, Krypto Labs
12+ years of experience in engineering, business
development, project management
Founder and Lead several startups in Canada and GCC
Co-founder and developer of Krypto Labs
- Hands‐on Fundamentals of Electric Circuits ‐ Electric Charges, Current, Voltage, Resistance, and Electric Force.
- Explain the use and operation of the multimeter in a circuit to measure Voltage and Current.
- Verify Ohm’s Law.
- Students draw parallels between water and electricity
- Students realize using ions to power a saltwater rover, finding measurements, solving mathematical problems)
- Students solder on copper boards & the safety precautions associated with it by soldering two LEDs in series and parallel.
- Explain the difference between Analog and Digital Signals.
- Introduce binary values and how computers use a stream of 1s and 0s to represent data.
- Building simple circuits, converting numbers to binary to communicate with the rover
- Introduction of Basic components like microprocessor such as Arduino, breadboard, LED, resistors.
- Connect LED and a resistor to Arduino board, light it up and make it blink next.
- Introduce an RGB LED and the range of colors that can be achieved.
- Controlling different types of LED using Arduino. Students can build their own burglar alarm.
- Introduce different sensors, how they work and their applications.
- Connecting ultrasonic sensors, Infrared sensors, and Light Dependent Resistors to Arduino and make mini‐projects to mimic a real‐life application. Students build their own burglar alarm out of scratch.
- Introduce concepts of electromagnetism and DC motors.
- Finding velocity using the Frame rate of a video using phones.
- Controlling speed and rotation direction of motors using Arduino.
- Coil projectile, homopolar motor, finding velocity, controlling DC & servo motors
TALKING THROUGH SPACE AND TIME
- Explain communication systems.
- Compare between Bluetooth and Wi‐Fi.
- Waves traveling in a vacuum, Connecting a Bluetooth Module to Arduino and control different electrical components.
- Introduction to 3D design using Fusion 360.
- Competition in designing Thaicom satellite.
- Designing objects found all around us, designing Thaicom satellite.
BUILDING MARS ROVERS
- Design an autonomous rover using sensors from (Day 4)
- Use Bluetooth Module to control the movement of the rover from (Day 6).
- Design the body of the rover in Autodesk Fusion 360 (Day 7).
- The packaging of the rover and securing the connections.
THE FINAL COUNTDOWN – MARS ROVER CHALLENGE
- Mars Rover Challenge
- Bonus Challenge
Dates: 25-29 Mar 2019 and 1-4 Apr (9 days).
Time: 9am – 12pm or 2pm – 5pm
Age Range: 9-15 year olds (only 25 people per session)
Price 25,000 THB